9 HABITS YOU SHOULD CHANGE THIS SUMMER

July 01, 2017

I know Summer is the season where we want just to enjoy our time and is the least time we want to deprive ourselves or set barrieres in our daily life,but I had the idea to share with you some "small " habits you can add to you routine that can be benifical for your physical health ,mental health or even boost your productivity in the hot summer days. some scientific studies says that it takes a person 21 days to form a habit and the most recent one says 66 days ...but let's at least try!

you can try and include as much as you want ,even adding one habit a week is pretty good ,you can also twist the list bellow so it fits your personnal schedule !


1- Read books : I was obsessed with reading before and I blame technology for taking over my time ,not after now though.I'm going to switch my before bed social media scroll to some book reading,I know it made me sleep erlier in the past and that would be a big win for me now.


todaysouhaila.blogspot.com


2- Workout /run/stretch : if you're like me "lazy" and couldn't bother doing a workout ,stretching is a good ways to start your day,it helps keep you flexible and ensures the blood circulation....it doesn't take so much time and you can do it even at home in you bedroom.for me I'm gonna go on a run/walk once a week as the weather here is so nice and it's a good way to get some fresh air and unwind a lil' bit,I'm so motivated to do so and I invite you to active your body you're going to feel good afterwards.

todaysouhaila.blogspot.com
 " treat your body well so your soul may want to remain there "


3- Enjoy a weekly digital detox : we're all aware of how stressing the internet can be,it takes over our life and makes us forget about 'the real world',a digital detox from time to time is much needed,you can fix a day to disconnect yourself from social media and be with your loved ones or spend it on your own out in nature,we let off precious things so let's try and rediscover them at least once/month!

4- Drink more water : I'm not gonna go in details about the huge amount of benefits of water on health as everyone knows them,but I'm gonna say YOU REALLY NEED TO DRINK LOTS OF IT! when I wanted to start drinking 2 litters of water/day I bought a reusable bottle of 1/2L and made a card from a hardcover with four squares (you can  also replace the bottle by eightbig cups ),each one representing one bottle (like the coffee card in coffee shops) and I ticked a square everytime I finished a bottle,you can also add the water intake to your monthly BUJO tracker...believe me this works and it took me just one week to remember drinking water regularly....try it!


todaysouhaila.blogspot.com


5- sleep earlier : making sure you get 7-9 hours sleep will make you more energitic and with less dark cercles (I know everyone is moaning about them hh)...but seriously take advantage of your melatonine hormone and try to go to bed early,you will not be able to change your sleep hour dramaticl from 1 am to 10 pm but you can back your sleep time by half an hour or an hour every day,and you'll get there ;)

6- Straight posture : for this one I know I have to do a big work but I don't know how , I noticed that I curve my back a lot and it started to cause me some neck pain...so let me know if you have some tricks how to remember and set my back straight!

7- Have your 5 a day : again I'm not going to say how much important veg and fruits are for your health..to add more veg/fruit to your diet you can start planning your week meals or even your daily ones the ight before that way you'll be sure to have more of goodness inside your food.

todaysouhaila.blogspot.com


8- Plan your week : if you're not a planner kinda person you can try the bullet journal method and plan the week ahead,I personnaly don't do it every week but that's on my plans now. even if you don't have that much to do just write down the few tasks you have and add 3 intentions of the week .

todaysouhaila.blogspot.com



9- Make your bed : aaand last but not least,make sure you make the bed straight after getting up this way you won't go back into it and you have a tidy space when you get back home.


so these are some habits that I'll be working on personnaly and I hope this post has motivated you to do the same or at lest create your own habits,let me know in the comments what are the habits you wanna form ? and don't forget to follow me on Instagram so we can encourage each other,I post alot on insta stories lately.also if you want to be updated whenever I post in here, make sure to follow me on Bloglovin' ;)

have a great day and I'll talk to you in the next post or in the comments 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This is such a helpful post as I always get overwhelmed with how much spare time I have over Summer! I'm definitely going to start planning my days and even do a digital detox, thank you! X http://bloggerwithoutaclue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you go girl, glad you found this helpful x

      Delete
  2. OMG these are the habits that I wanted to change that have been floating around in my head!! I know the weekly detox is hard but I must try it and exchange that day for a day of reading or writing. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like the post and found it helpful,yes as I said you can adapt the list to your personal schedule x

      Delete
  3. So true! I need to up my water. I have been reading more but it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll get there , try the method I mentioned,agree with you reading is so hard these days hh x

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Great points. I do most of them except for the exercise! Does a leisurely daily walk with an aging dog count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yes of course it does count,glad you like it

      Delete

thank you for your comment,have a lovely day!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe